Short and sweet post, friends.
If you’re not a big fan of flax, or not sure if you are yet, we guarantee these will grow on you and help you change your mind. Flax has a unique combination of fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. The omega-3 fatty acids help control inflammation and promote weight loss.
Chew ’em good!
1/2 cup whole flax seeds
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut
1 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract (or 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 coconut extract if you have it)
1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1) Combine the flax seeds and water in a bowl or measuring cup, stir, and let sit for at least an hour or up to overnight. The mixture will become very thick and viscous.
2) Preheat the oven to 275. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Spread the mixture in a thin, uniform layer on the parchment paper.
4) Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the flax “cracker” using a butter knife or spatula.
5) Bake for another 20-30 minutes, until it starts to look toasted and is crispy. Let cool and break into whatever size you desire.
Crackers last for a few days in a sealed container. Honestly they’ll last for several weeks, but they become pretty stale after a few days. You can eat them plain, dipped in yogurt, or crumble them up and use as granola.